Please join Ocean State Action and Clean Water Action tomorrow, April 26, to celebrate Rhode Island’s Environmental Innovators at the 11th annual Earth Day Breakfast of Champions! The event goes from 8:30am-10:30am at the Aspray Boathouse (2 E View St, Warwick, RI 02888), a place so beautifully Rhode Island you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a postcard.
As we reflected on the past year, we were inspired to look back and see the progress of the environmental movement in Rhode Island. This year’s honorees have played integral roles in preserving, protecting and cleaning up Rhode Island’s environment.
The 2013 awardees are:
- Deanna Casey, Associate Director of Advocacy for the AARP of Rhode Island. Deanna was instrumental in passing the 2012 Complete Streets legislation.
- The Brown Divest Coal Campaign. This campaign has shown the power of student organizing to stop Brown University from investing in fossil fuel companies.
- Providence Mayor Angel Taveras. For making Providence a national leader in sustainability.
- Dave McLaughlin, President of Clean Ocean Access. Dave has successfully organized volunteer coastal cleanups and water quality testing across Southern Rhode Island.
- Nicole Pollock, RI Dept. of Environmental Management. Nicole has spent her last two years pushing DEM’s legislative agenda and driving the environmental movement from within state government.
Tickets start at $50. You can purchase tickets online here. Full breakfast (with vegetarian/vegan options!) will be provided by fabulous caterer The Dinner Dame.
See you bright and early tomorrow morning!