Anthony Paolino, Air Force veteran, proud father, and outspoken veteran advocate, is officially announcing his candidacy for State Representative in House District 26, running as a Democrat to proudly represent the communities of Warwick, West Warwick and Coventry.
“I am running for State Representative because I have had enough of the political games that continuously plague our community,” said Paolino. “I served in uniform for twelve years and I am committed to continue that service for our community.”
“It is time that we stop complaining and start finding solutions,” continued Paolino. “I am not a career politician. I am someone who will work hard to create more growth and business in our district, hold the line on taxes, properly fund our public schools, ensure our senior citizens are protected, and help restore faith in our government.”
Paolino is running for State Representative after years of dedicated service to his country and his community. Paolino enlisted in the Air Force after graduating from West Warwick High School in 2001. He served twelve years as an Aviation Specialist and Training Instructor in the RI Air National Guard. In that role, Paolino traveled to over 20 countries, assisted in multiple training assignments and participated in 4 deployments in Kuwait, Qatar and Afghanistan.
Upon returning to Rhode Island from deployment in Afghanistan, Paolino came back to his hometown of West Warwick and dedicated himself to advancing his education. He received his Associate’s Degree at the Community College of Rhode Island in 2012, his Bachelor’s Degree from Providence College in Liberal Arts and Leadership Studies in 2015, and this past year received his Master’s Degree in Public Affairs with a focus in Public Policy from Brown University. Paolino is also an alum of the Leadership RI class of 2014.
Paolino has been a powerful voice and committed advocate for veterans in the state, having founded two non-profit organizations that assist in developing programs and policies supporting veterans and their families, the Student Veterans Organization (SVO) and the Rhode Island Military Organization (RIMO). Both organizations were vital in the development and passage of several RI bills related to veterans in higher education in 2014 and 2015 and the establishment of the military lounge at T.F. Green Airport.
Paolino served as Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer for RIMO from 2011-2014 and later as the Military & Veterans Affairs Coordinator in the office of United States Senator Sheldon Whitehouse. Paolino currently works as the head of Military and Veterans Affairs for General Dynamics Electric Boat. Since 2011 he has volunteered as a mentor for disenfranchised youth, students, and fellow veterans, committed to developing Rhode Island’s next generation of leaders.
“In the Air Force, I learned the values of integrity, hard work and tenacity,” Paolino said. “I have found a love for public service, and want to continue to give back to a state that I am hopeful for, and that I believe in.”
You can learn more about Anthony Paolino and his campaign by visiting Facebook here and contact Anthony at (401) 300-4838 or PaolinoForRep@gmail.com
ANTHONY PAOLINO: A LIFE DEDICATED TO PUBLIC SERVICE:
- Graduate, West Warwick High School (2001), Wizards Hockey Team
- A.S. Degree in Business, CCRI (2012); A.S. Degree, Community College of the Air Force (2013); B.A.in Liberal Arts/Leadership Studies, Providence College (2015); grad certificate from George Washington University; MPA from Brown University with a focus in Public Policy (2016), Alum of Leadership RI (2014)
- Air Force Aviation Specialist (2002-2014), with deployments to Kuwait, Germany, Qatar, and Afghanistan.
- Youth Mentor with several high schools and non-profits (2010-2016)
- Founder of two non-profit organizations: the Student Veterans Organization and the RI Military Organization, which were vital in the development and passage of several RI bills related to veterans in higher education in 2014 and 2015.
- Military & Veterans Affairs Coordinator for U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (2014)
- Head of Military & Veterans Affairs for General Dynamics Electric Boat (2015-present)
- Father to middle school student Anthony Joseph, 13
[From a press release]