To date, my new business plan for RI Future has consisted mostly of me wearing sweaters on cold nights and eating a lot of peanut butter and bread for meals. But this state’s only source of progressive news and information now needs a new computer. Since our readership is growing just as rapidly as the number of in-person and online compliments we’re getting, I thought I’d reach out to you all, our loyal readers, for some help.
The long term plan for RI Future is to have the free market support us, and in the near future you will start seeing some paid advertising on the site. But just getting there will require a small investment, and I’d like to ask for your help.
And please keep in mind:
- Without RI Future, you wouldn’t know about the legislature’s involvement with ALEC.
- Without RI Future, you wouldn’t know about Anthony Gemma’s suspicious Facebook following or that he fancies himself a progressive, though we have reservations.
- Without RI Future, you wouldn’t get to read Tom Sgouros’ insightful pieces on the state budget or Samuel G. Howard’s interesting reads on political theory.
- Without RI Future, you wouldn’t know just how truly conservative the General Assembly really is.
- And without RI Future, you certainly wouldn’t get half the news you have of tax equity, marriage equality, payday loan reform, who the progressives candidates are or the Buffett Rule.
That’s just a sample of the great news and information we’ve delivered to you, free of charge, over the past few months … if you like what we do here at RI Future, or even if you just want us to stick around so you can beat us up in the comments section, please do what you can and help support independent media.
Click on the link below to donate to RI Future: